Fred specializes in counseling and procuring of intellectual property rights and has extensive private practice and corporate experience in procuring advanced technology patents, including electronic, software, and business method patents, as well as medical device, mechanical and electro-mechanical patents. He is a registered Patent Attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and is admitted to State and Federal Courts in Michigan. Fred is a registered Professional Engineer and obtained extensive engineering experience in the electronics and processing field while working as an engineer for Texas Instruments Corp, Westinghouse Corp., and Whirlpool Corp. prior to entering the legal profession.
George Washington Univ. National Law Center
- Washington, D.C.
- J.D., High Honors, 1983
- Order of the Coif
University of Dayton
- Dayton, Ohio
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Magna Cum Laude, 1970
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- Gardner Linn - Of Counsel
- Intellectual Property, including patent procurement, litigation support, domestic and international computer law, licensing and related agreements
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Michigan
- Member, Grand Rapids Bar Assoc.
- Registered Professional Engineer, Ohio
- Member, International Trademark Association
- Past Chair and Council Member, Intellectual Property Law Section of State Bar of Michigan
- Member, American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Chairman of the Board, Lake Michigan Academy