Catherine is a registered Patent Attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), is a former Patent Examiner for the USPTO, and is admitted to practice in State and Federal Courts in Michigan and Texas, as well as the Federal Circuit. Catherine specializes in the procurement and protection of intellectual property, with an emphasis on patent and trademark procurement, both domestically and internationally. Catherine works with a wide range of clients from startups and individuals to large corporations operating on a global scale, and in a wide range of industries.
Catherine's expertise includes litigation support and procurement of mechanical and electromechanical devices and systems; medical devices and apparatus; business methods; semiconductor processes, equipment, and devices; software; process patents; design patents; and trademarks.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Catherine gained valuable practical engineering and industry experience in the nuclear engineering and construction field, and has studied and gained experience in electrical engineering. Catherine was an engineer, supervisor, and Project Engineer on various projects, including pipe and pipe support stress analysis, seismic qualification of piping and other power plant commodities.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University (Dallas, TX)
- B.S. Civil Engineering, George Washington University (Washington, D.C.)
- Electrical Engineering Studies, University of Texas (Arlington, TX)
- Member, American Bar Association and Federal Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Michigan
- Member, Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- Chairperson ex officio, Intellectual Property Law Section, State Bar of Michigan